K–12 Groups & Field Trips
Explore, discover, and connect with the University of Minnesota
Please use our Booking Request Form to book field trips for the 2019–2020 school year.
Now located on the University’s St. Paul campus, the new Bell Museum brings together science, art, and the environment with a unique Minnesota perspective. We offer school groups a world-class experience working with you to achieve your educational goals. Our new building was designed with school groups in mind: the dedicated Schulze Education Entrance, four classroom/lab spaces, our state-of-the-art planetarium, and world-renowned wildlife dioramas facilitate a seamless and rich visit every time.
Download our educator brochure for a concise overview of our educator programs, plus offerings by grade.
Field Trip Experiences
Scholarships and bus funding for the 2019-20 school year are available now on a first-come, first-served basis for schools with 50% or higher free or reduced lunch.
Field trip scholarships: maximum of 210 students. One visit per school in the scholarship period.
- 75% and higher free and reduced lunch: $6 off per student for visit
- 50-74% free and reduced lunch: $3 off per student for visit
Bus scholarships: Maximum of two buses per school in the scholarship period 50% FRL and higher:
- Minneapolis Public Schools & St. Paul Public Schools: 100% cost
- Seven County Metro (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, & Washington): Up to $180 per bus
- Outside Seven County Metro: Up to $450 per bus