Statewide Star Party
Celebrate the Moon & Beyond: November 8 - 11
Picture this: Thousands of Minnesotans at sites across the state observing the Moon and engaging in hands-on astronomy activities all at the same time.
The Bell Museum invites you to participate in Minnesota’s first Statewide Star Party during the weekend of Friday, November 8 through Monday, November 11. Help us continue celebrating the Apollo 50th anniversary, the Moon, and beyond!
Host an Event
We’re seeking partners from across the state, including schools, libraries, planetariums, astronomy clubs, state and local parks, and colleges and universities, to host public skywatching events throughout the weekend. Whether you’ve hosted multiple star parties in the past, or this will be your first one, our team will help you make this a successful, engaging, and memorable event for you and your guests.
The Bell Museum will provide selected sites with activity kits, logistical support, and training to help them prepare for hosting a successful event with a variety of fun learning activities and engaging observations. If you have any questions before filling out the application form, feel free to contact our Statewide Star Party coordinator, Nadia Abuisnaineh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event site must be in the state of Minnesota.
- Events on Friday, November 8 or Saturday, November 9 are encouraged.
- Event hosts accept all responsibility for the event, including organization, staffing, etc.
- Events should be accessible to the general public (no private events).
- Free events are highly encouraged.
- Event site must have access real sky observing, no indoor only events (weather permitting).
Interested? Applications are due September 15.
Thank you to Ruth and John Huss and the Hubbard Broadcasting Foundation for their generous support.