All the details you need for your camper this summer
Welcome to Summer Camp at the Bell Museum! We have many exciting adventures planned for the budding scientist in your life! Bell camps will offer your child fun and enriching opportunities to learn, explore, and create. Below are frequently asked questions for what you need to know for your camper this summer! If you have additional questions, concerns, or suggestions on how we might best support your child during their week with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
In-Person Camp FAQs
What time do I drop off and pick up my campers?
Drop off: Anytime between 8:30–9 am
Pick up: Anytime between 4–4:30 pm
If you need to pick up a child early for any reason, check with us ahead of time. Call 612-433-3846 and we can confirm.
What does my camper need to bring to camp?
- (2) Face masks that completely cover nose and mouth
- Comfortable clothing suited for outdoor activities
- Non-refrigerated lunch
- Morning & afternoon snacks (please note all snacks and lunches must be nut free)
- Water bottle
- Optional: sunscreen and bug spray
What do recent announcements from the CDC and Governor Walz regarding new mask policies indoors and outdoors mean for Bell camps?
Our policy is that campers, staff and guardians (at drop-off and pick-up) will wear masks fully covering mouth and nose all day at camp.
We are expecting updated COVID-19 safety guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health for summer youth programs early next week, and will be in touch with any updates or changes to this policy. We anticipate that our campers and staff will all continue to be required to wear masks indoors.
Please visit the links below for additional FAQs
Virtual Camp FAQs
When do my campers begin online lessons?
- Kindergarten–2nd grade campers will meet online from 9–10am on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of their scheduled week.
- 3rd–5th grade campers will meet online from 10:30–11:30am on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of their scheduled week.
- 6th–8th grade campers will meet online Monday–Thursday, June 28th–July 1st from 1–2:30pm.
When will campers receive their camp kit?
When you registered for camp, you chose to either pick up your materials kit or paid a $15 service fee for shipping:
- Pick up – Kits will be available for pick up at the Bell Museum in the week prior to your scheduled camp. Detailed instructions and times for pick up will be sent by email approximately two weeks prior to the start of camp.
- Shipped – Arrival dates will vary based on location. You will receive the kit in the week prior to camp.
What program is used for online sessions?
We will use the Zoom for virtual camp. Zoom is a free software available for download at https://zoom.us. Sessions will include passwords to maintain privacy. If you have any questions about how to use Zoom, please visit the Zoom Help Center (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us).
Please visit the link below for additional FAQs
Refunds and cancellations
Registrations are partially refundable. If you wish to withdraw from a camp after registering, you must do so at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp in order to receive a partial refund. $15 of the registration fee is considered a non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given if a cancellation is made within the two weeks before the first day of camp. Materials kits will still be mailed or available for pick up, even if a camper won’t be attending the virtual camp sessions.
If for any reason the Bell Museum cancels your camp, you will receive a full refund of the registration fee or the opportunity to transfer to another camp, if space is available.
We greatly appreciate any information, suggestions or tips you would like to share regarding your camper. Please let us know if consistent internet access or equipment presents a barrier. You are also welcome to email our summer camp team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about camps or registration, email Bell camp staff at email@example.com or call 612-624-2345.
Support generously provided by: