Note: Adult Assistance Needed
It is always good to go out and explore all the things around you, but you are going to need something to help you keep track of all your remarkable discoveries. Create your own field journal and try out being a scientist every day!
- Cardstock’/Paper Bags
- Graph Paper
- Printer Paper
- Elmer’s Glue
- Pictures of Nature (to personalize covers)
- These will either be printed sheets or there will be nature magazines for campers to cut out from
- Any decorating or crafting materials (stickers, ribbons, etc)
- Cut two pieces of thick cardstock and graph paper (10-12 sheets) to 7” x 5.5”. With a paper bag cut of the sides of the bag (not the top or bottom).
- Add your printer or graph paper to the inside of your two pieces of cardstock or paper bag.
- Mark where the staples will go at 3.5” on the left side of the notebook
- Add at least three staples down the left side of the notebook
- Add some colorful tape on the side with the staples
- Using Elmer’s Glue, you can attach pictures from nature magazines to the card stock to decorate their journals
- They can also draw pictures if they choose
- Make sure that you have labelled the field notebook with your name.