Mission & Vision
As Minnesota's state natural history museum, our mission is to ignite curiosity and wonder, explore our connections to nature and the universe, and create a better future for our evolving world.
The Bell Museum is part of the University of Minnesota's College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences. Below is a collection of guiding goals, to help steer both long and short-term decision making:
- Educate and connect people to our natural world and universe
- Provide a world class facility for learning
- Improve facility access, and expand and diversify the museum’s audience
- Diversify revenue sources by increasing earned revenue and strengthening fundraising
- Combine the use of technology with excellent educators to create dynamic experiences
- Engage diverse audiences with innovative programming
- Develop new partnerships and expand our horizons through collaboration
- Create enhanced diorama experiences
Our reports summarize progress toward achieving our mission and inviting those curious about life to be part of the story.