We bring the universe to you
Get the ExploraDome experience in your community by booking our traveling geodome theater at your school or venue of choice.
Booking a visit
Our live and interactive programs can be brought to your school or location of choice in our traveling ExploraDome. Schedule multiple grades (PreK-12) and a variety of programs on the same day.
Standard Rate: $200 per hour
Length: 6-10 shows per day, shows can vary in length to accommodate your schedule
Group Size: 32 people/show maximum
The ExploraDome is wheelchair accessible.
Note that you are not charged for travel or set-up/take-down time.
- Ensure your facility can meet the visit requirements listed below.
- Review our program descriptions on the next tab or request a custom lesson.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance. See our Google Calendar for ExploraDome availability.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 626-9660 with the following information:
Choice of dates
- Once final program details are finalized, we’ll send you a visit agreement for signature.
We cannot set up if the facility does not meet the following minimum requirements per the State Fire Marshall.
- There must be 14 feet or higher ceiling clearance so sprinkler heads, smoke detectors and light fixtures will not be compromised.
- Minimum room dimensions must be 31’x31’ to allow for a safe emergency egress of three feet around the entire planetarium.
- Two grounded 120-volt standard electrical outlets on separate circuits are required to power the dome. We may need to run extension cords across the floor.
- The ExploraDome can only be set up indoors
- Equipment arrives in heavy, wheeled cases. A ramp, large elevator or level entry is required—no stairs.
- Three adults are required to help unload and load the equipment.
- Staff will need a 5-minute break between each session to reset the theater.
Total setup time: 1 hour
Total take down time: 45 minutes
Scholarships to cover full and partial ExploraDome expenses are available for 2018-2019 school year on a first-come, first-served basis. Inquire for details.
Winter travel policy
We may postpone a visit due to extreme weather conditions. These decisions are made based on the National Weather Service’s alert system and local school closings. We will use the contact number you provide to notify you in the event of a postponement, and will reschedule the visit at no cost.