Be part of the story, all weekend long!
We invite those curious about life to be part of the story through hands-on experiences with University of Minnesota research and discovery in the arts and sciences every day. Visit us April 22-24 to be part of the celebration for this major milestone for the new museum and planetarium.
Free with admission/membership*
- Sneak a peek in and around our new site through large scale renderings in our lobby gallery.
- We are bringing a 120 seat digital dome theater to the state in the new building. Sample the experience in our ExploraDome Theater—additional showtimes have been added for the weekend.
- Score an Earth-friendly DIY kit for making seed bombs, wild bee habitats, sun catchers, or solar viewing glasses. While supplies last!
- Visit the Hungry Planet exhibit to gain a new perspective on global food and the energy sources that make food possible.
Also, don't forget that admission is free on Sundays!
Thanks to our sponsors!
* Regular fess apply for ExploraDome tickets.
Saturday, April 23
Join us for a special edition of Saturday with a Scientist from 11-2 pm. Learn about the different animals that traverse the globe through migration. Researchers from around the U of M will be on hand to lead you through a variety of activities—including creating your own migratory path through the museum.
Free with admission/membership.