The great outdoors are indoors at the Bell Museum making it the perfect place for a Valentine's Day picnic with the special someone you dig! We're turning the lights down and transforming the Bell for a special evening among the dioramas - and a chance to tour Dig It! The Secrets of Soil.
• gourmet picnic meal from award-winning restaurant, Barbette
• one complimentary beverage (additional cash bar available)
• sweets from local chocolatier B.T. McElrath Chocolatier
• tour Dig It! The Secrets of Soil
• lawn games in the Touch and See Room
• picnic blanket or table at private diorama
• parking included! one complimentary space per diorama
• Bell Museum admission
• giveaways and door prizes
Dinner: $30 per person
Diorama Reservation: $30 - $60, depending on size. Cost is separate from dinner, see specifics below.
1) Choose which diorama in front of which you'd like to dine. A list of dioramas are below, as well as the price for reserving the spot. Dining at the diorama can be done on a picnic blanket for a casual and authentic feel, or at a table for an up close seated experience.
2) Determine the number of guests in your party. Menu cost is $30 per person. This includes the items detailed above.
3) Call us at (612) 626-9660 to make your reservation and purchase your spot and meals.
Map of Dioramas
Reservation: $60 general public, $50 Bell Museum Members & UMN students
Capacity: 2 - 6 people
Seating: picnic blanket or table, specify preference during reservation
American Elk Diorama
Black Bear Diorama
Big Woods Diorama
Coniferous Forest Diorama
Dall Sheep Diorama
Heron Lake Diorama
Lake Pepin Diorama
Pipestone Prairie Diorama
Sandhill Cranes Diorama
Snow Geese Diorama
Tundra Swans Diorama
Whitetail Deer Diorama
Reservation: $40 general public, $30 Bell Members & UMN students
Capacity: 2 people
Seating: table recommended due to diorama height, picnic blanket is still available. Specify preference during reservation.
Blue Heron Diorama
Golden Eagle Diorama
Marten Fisher Diorama
Red Fox Diorama
Assorted charcuterie of cured meats, pate and terrine with dijon and cornichons
Spinach and feta phyllo-wrapped pies
Mini wheel of brie, fruit compote, truffle honey, crackers
Cold orzo salad with dill pesto, cucumbers and peas
Dolmadas (pilaf wrapped in preserved grape leaves)
Olive tapenade & Roasted red pepper tapenade
Named “Best French Restaurant” by populist vote by Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, Barbette is simply good food in a casual, eclectic, come in and make yourself comfortable atmosphere. Barbette is a friend to many local farmers and features a wine list that will put you over the moon. Located in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis, Barbette is open daily at 8am, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night eats.