The great outdoors are indoors at the Bell Museum making it the perfect place for an intimate Valentine's Day picnic with your special someone or friends. We're turning the lights down for this evening event among the dioramas and focusing on the "birds and the bees"—quite literally in fact! Enjoy special honey bee programming and the opportunity to tour Audubon and the Art of Birds, Birds & DNA and From the Field.
What's more to love? All proceeds from diorama reservations and ticket sales go to support Bell Museum Adult Programs, including Café Scientifique, BIG Thursday and Sketch Night.
• complimentary glass of wine or beer, cash bar available for additional purchases
• dessert: cupcakes from award-winning local bakery Salty Tart
• complimentary parking (one voucher per small diorama, two per large diorama)
• tour Audubon and the Art of Birds, Birds & DNA and From the Field: Bird Paintings by Jim Rataczak
• honey bee programming and activities in the Touch & See Discovery Room
• picnic blanket or table at private diorama
• museum admission
• giveaways and door prizes
• after-hours access to Minnesota's Natural History Museum!
Tickets: $15 per person
Diorama Reservation: $40 - $70, depending on size. Cost is separate from dinner, see specifics below.
NOTE: This event is geared toward an adults-only audience.
1) Choose which diorama in front of which you'd like to dine. A list of dioramas are below, as well as the price for reserving the spot. Dining at the diorama can be done on a picnic blanket for a casual and authentic feel, or at a table for an up close seated experience.
2) Determine the number of guests in your party. Ticket cost is $15 per person.
3) Call us at (612) 626-9660 to make your reservation and purchase your spot and meals.
Map of Dioramas
ExploraDome Theater Reservation: $160 general public, $140 Bell Members & UMN students
Seating Capacity: 2-8
(note: picnic blanket only, no table option)
Reservation: $70 general public, $60 Bell Museum Members & UMN students
Capacity: 2 - 6 people
Seating: picnic blanket or table, specify preference during reservation
American Elk Diorama
Black Bear Diorama
Big Woods Diorama
Coniferous Forest Diorama
Dall Sheep Diorama
Heron Lake Diorama
Lake Pepin Diorama
Pipestone Prairie Diorama
Sandhill Cranes Diorama
Snow Geese Diorama
Tundra Swans Diorama
Whitetail Deer Diorama
Reservation: $50 general public, $40 Bell Members & UMN students
Capacity: 2 people
Seating: table recommended due to diorama height, picnic blanket is still available. Specify preference during reservation.
Blue Heron Diorama
Golden Eagle Diorama
Marten Fisher Diorama
Red Fox Diorama